This Market Snapshot is produced by Geoscape® and is available to VIP members free of charge. To learn more about our VIP Membership Program, please visit: www.geoscape.com/membership.
This month's market snapshot focuses on the Austin, Texas Designated Market Area (DMA), which encompasses 12 counties in South-central Texas and is home to a population of 2,260,353 people.
Here are some highlights from the report:
- 48.2% of the population in the Austin DMA is multicultural.
- Hispanics account for the largest multicultural segment at 34.1% of the total population, followed by Black Non-Hispanics at approximately 6.5%.
- Approximately 91.2% of Hispanics within the Austin DMA are of Mexican descent. Central Americans account for the 2nd largest single Hispanic group representing 3.3% of the total Hispanic population.
- Between 2000 and 2017, the Hispanic population experienced 123% growth, making it the largest minority group in the Austin DMA.
- Between 2000 and 2017, the size of the Asian and Pacific Islander population experienced a nearly 181% increase, making it the fastest-growing population in the DMA
This Snapshot Contains:
- Page 1: Intro
- Page 2: Population by Race/Ethnicity Counts
- Page 3: Population by Race/Ethnicity Percentage and Population by Hispanic Region
- Page 4: Hispanicity (Acculturation) Segments
- Page 5: Socioeconomic Status (SES) Map of Austin
- Page 6: Dominant Race or Ethnicity Map of Austin
To have full access to this report Login