Location: Miami, Florida. USA
Now Hiring: Applied Demographer
You will be a key member within the Data Development Unit and responsible for creating demography and consumer spending related products and services for Geoscape clients.
- Prepare block group 5-year projections of population and household characteristics including international emigration, legal and illegal immigration, race, ancestry, age, gender, language usage, group quarters, housing units, labor force, occupation, educational attainment, household income, religious affiliation, and LGBT population.
- Use secondary research to model 1-year and 5-year projections of household consumer expenditures for block group and census tract geographies.
- Work on simultaneous projects both autonomously and within teams.
- Minimum of two years applied demography experience creating population and household estimates and projections for micro (block group, census tract) and macro (county, state) geographies.
- Minimum of two years database programming with Microsoft SQL Server transact-SQL. Must be able to write queries with logic with logic algorithms and mathematical models. Experience importing large datasets from government and client sources unto SQL Server databases.
- Applied experience using demography techniques such as survival models, stable population theory, trend extrapolation, cohort-component, non-parametric regression (linear and nonlinear models), logistic regression, and econometric models.
- Strong algebraic skills with the ability to turn complex demographic relations into mathematical formulas.
- Intermediate or advanced experience writing scripts for SAS inferential statistics software.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. Census Summary File data sets, PUMS, American Community Survey, Bureau of Labor Statistics data, Economic Census, Survey of Business Owners, and other economic and population data sources.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Demography or Geography is preferred; degree in Sociology, Psychology, or Economics acceptable with coursework in social and economic geography, demography, and statistics.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and proficient other Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word and PowerPoint).
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- Innovation, team player mentality, diligence, high-energy, winning are key attributes of the person we are looking for.
Compensation Package Includes:
- Attractive Base Salary
- Performance Bonus
- Vacation and Sick/Personal Leave
- Medical/Dental coverage: 100% of Employee paid by company
- Matching 401(k) Plan
If this describes you, please inquire. Send resume to email@example.com.